It’s almost summertime. Lots of driving going on. End of school days. Summer vacays. Extended getaways. Yay!! This summer, myself and several of the FreedomInk Authors will trek to Harlem NY to participate in this year’s Harlem Book Fair. I know that for a few, the chosen method of travel will be by airplane. I considered this option. But the Adventure Seeking Chica in me has opted to go the less evolved route… We’re gonna drive! From South East Georgia all the way to the Big Apple. That’s 872.34 miles, 13 hours, 18 minutes and 1 hellova playlist! I do believe MapQuest captioned it perfectly… That’s a long drive! But I can’t wait. With awesome tunes and a list of places to stop along the way, not to mention an uber cool travel partner… My heart, Jeremy! This is sure to be one road trip to remember.
I took to Social Media and asked my Facebook circle of Friends to tell me the reasons they follow the law of the land when it comes to automobiles. Why do you/Why should I wear my seatbelt? The obvious rang over and over again. Because it’s the law. Ok! That’s a given. But what reasons beyond that ensure that we all buckle up?
Here are a dozen reasons to click it:
- Well you know what that commercial says, “Click it or ticket.” And nobody wants to be stuck paying unnecessary money.
- Because it’s the law. I know that we all know. Just wanna state the obvious for the sake of stating it… That and by consensus, it seems to be the number one reason!
- Since it is the law and a few of those that know have taken it upon themselves to dismiss said law and ignored that whole “Click it or ticket.” commercial campaign… Reason numero tres? To avoid getting ANOTHER ticket!
- My neighbor gives a very beautiful reason. Her two lovely daughters.
- A long distance friend in California wears her ‘safety’ belt for the purpose in which it was made, protection.
- Because even though I feel that I’m a good driver, I can only operate one vehicle at a time, which means I have no idea what kinda driver the person in front, behind, beside me are. Yikes!
- To keep from becoming loose change. Just another unsecured, projectile object in the car.
- A good friend who is an unashamed child of The Creator, states, “God saved me once before. I will never take it for granted again.”
- To serve as a good example to my family & friends!
- To keep face and windshield from having an intimate encounter!
- As a physical reminder to be a safe, cautious, aware driver.
- I wear my seatbelt because I’m awesome! Why else?
I’m certain those that choose not to wear their seatbelt have more than a dozen reasons not to click it! It’s not cool. I’m an excellent driver. I’ve never been in an accident. It wrinkles my clothes. Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. All those reasons and it only takes one little mishap and it’s the end of life as we know it, or maybe even ultimately, the end of life itself. So y’all choose to be safe and smart this summer! Seatbelts save lives so click it!
No matter. Driving or shotgun. I always buckle up! I’m Kat. CEO of FreedomInk Publishing and I approve this message. http://www.freedomink365.com/about_the_publisher